Friday, November 7, 2008

Beauty in the Breakdown

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I've been through so much in the past year and I have to admit that I certainly did not shine gloriously through the trials. I know many of you have been deeply hurt before, whether it was by a guy, a girl, a friend, family member, whatever. It's the things in our lives that we struggle through that make us who we are. I know without the situation I put myself in, I would be drastically different, and not as broken before God as I am now. I had to learn to rely on Him completely, because there was no one else I could trust. That lesson is invaluable to me. We'd all like to think that life should just go perfectly 100% of the time and that's how God shows He loves us, by making your life go smoothly. But if you really think about it, you never press in harder or rely on Him more than when you're in a trial. It's when everything's going wrong and nothing is the same and all stability has been stripped away from your life that you learn that He is the same no matter what. His love for you NEVER changes. Even when you screw up seemingly EVERYTHING, He's there rejoicing over the tiniest of victories. One worship song I love says this, "All of my life, in every season, you are still God. I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship." It's in those times that we learn that NO MATTER WHAT, God is still God, and He still deserves to be worshipped. It's when we bring our heart to Him, completely broken, and make a CHOICE to worship, is when we begin to see His majesty in absolutely everything, even the worst of situations.

No comments: