Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Gift of Ministry

I'm in awe of how beneficial and satisfying ministry is. I was leading Greenhouse worship today and I realized how much I love it. Because I know it's where I'm supposed to be. I've been involved in our children's ministry for some time and I've had a dream for them to come to know what true worship really is. And I'm so blessed to be in a position where I get to teach them. But somehow, I learn from them all the time. It's the best thing in the world to be lost in worship then to open your eyes and see all these kids deep in worship and knowing that you played a part in that. I've had the joy to get to know each one and their personalities and it's an honor that they look up to me like they do. And it's my privilege to live a life that sets a great example for them. I get to see directly the effects of the effort I pour into their lives and this ministry and it makes me want to do so much more.

There are so many facets of ministry and each requires special talents, that each of you possess. Quite often, it requires some stretching and dedication as well. It's another way to serve God and commit your actions and your time to Him. He'll show you things and begin to reveal new aspects of who you are. No to mention that there is an immense blessing that goes along with submitting yourself and coming under authority. He'll allow you opportunities to learn and to lead. He is calling you to participate and to GET INVOLVED (kind of the same thing but whatev).

So, my challenge to you is to focus on ways you can make a difference and what ministry He's calling you to. Keep in mind that it not only blesses you, but you're blessing the Kingdom of God and setting raising the bar for Christians. You'll find you really love it. Because when you're where you're supposed to be, even on the challenging days, which do come, He'll provide you with the patience and resourcefulness to overcome the obstacles with graciousness and poise. (Or He'll let you fall on your face and learn from mistakes. He doesn't promise everything's going to be perfect for us, but He does promise to always be there with us and teach us. Sometimes when we fall our faces and really mess up, it's just a lesson in humility.) :o)

No comments: