Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life-Changing (The Ultimate Author)

I can't quite pinpoint a specific moment when God changed my life. There's so many encounters I've had that have molded and formed me into who I am today. Many times, God delivers people from HUGE stumbling blocks and thus changes their life, but we can't rely on just one moment to get us through the rest of our lives. Sometimes He does need to just *snap* immediately deliver people from what is really holding them back, but it's never just one moment in His presence, then "BAM!" you're perfect. We need to spend our lives seeking to change. He's CONSTANTLY transforming us so we can be used with our full effectiveness to impact the world. WE CHANGE SO WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE. I live for those moments with my King where He teaches me to open up every part of my heart to Him to transform. We have to make a choice to hand Him the pen to write our life's story. That means giving Him control of our friendships, our relationships with guys (at least for me, for guys it'd be girls, huh?), how we respond to situations, everything. When we allow Him to be the Author of our lives, we can't choose to live our lives like the world does. We hand over our rights to govern ourselves in the sin that He pulled us out of. Spend time in His presence. Allow yourself to be transformed. Only then will you be able to reach who He has set out for you to reach. He has set you apart, called you out, to live for Him. Don't falter in your unique purpose but allow those precious moments you spend with Him to impact your life in inexplicable and multi-faceted ways.

No comments: